Duration: 03 Nights & 04 Days
Best Season: March to June and September to November
Tour Code: 167
Pangot just 15 km from Nainital in Uttarakhand state is one of India’s beautiful hamlets. The feeling around here is like being in a remote Himalayan village and going by the records of Jungle Lore Birding Lodge, the area boasts of having over 250 bird species.
Pangot is mainly forested with thick oak, pine, and Rhododendron which serve as excellent nesting places for many resident and migratory birds. The weather is pleasantly warm in summer and during winter, the mountain peaks are covered in snow which is attractive to watch. There are well-defined trails starting from Pangot to Naina Peak and another one leading to Corbett National Park. There are also good trails from the lodge that go to Timla Pani, then to Ghughu Khan, Kilbury Forest House all the way to Cheena Peak. For safety and ensuring no one gets lost while trekking, there are enough guides to help tourists around.
Pangot is a heaven for the lovers of bird watching. Bird species such as the Lammergeier, Griffon, Blue-winged Minla, Woodpecker, Khaleej Pheasant, Rufous-bellied Niltava are all found here. As a tourist, there is more than the eyes can finish seeing. Honeymooners too are not left out. The calmness and quietness of Pangot together with all the beautiful surroundings make the honeymoon a memorable one.
Day 01: Delhi to Pangot
Day 02: Pangot
Day 03: Pangot
Day 04: Pangot to Delhi
- Bird species of the Kumaon region for photography
- Spectacular view of Nanda Devi and Trishul peaks
- Farm fresh Indian meals
- Kumaoni Delicacies
- Quaint lodges
- Serene Atmosphere
- Easy birding
- Nature Walks
- Glimpses of the beautiful landscape and lifestyle of Kumaon
- Accommodation on twin sharing basis in Jungle Lore Birding Lodge or similar
- Meals as per the itinerary
- Guided birding & photo walks
- A dedicated private air-conditioned vehicle for the entire tour
Services Not Included
- Optional tours/excursions, personal & incidental expenses.
- Tips, laundry, phone calls, alcohol, camera fee etc.
- International and domestic airfare, visa, insurance.